Friday, September 08, 2006

Ladies and Gentlemen, May I Present...Sterling Rowland!!!

Sterling arrived yesterday, September 7th 2006 at 8:08am!! Our day began at about 11:00pm the 6th when I twisted and turned in bed I said to Sharon "I think Sterling is coming tonight" at about 2am. After I finally slept for 45 minutes Sharon woke me up with contractions. I started timing her at 3am and they were already 2 minutes apart. We waited for an hour thinking it was false labor. I then called the hospital and they said to take a shower and head in. After I fed Oli and picked a few tomatoes we loaded the car and headed to the hospital. We arrived at about 5:45am and the midwife checked her and admitted her, as now she had opened to 6cm. Sharon labored without pain meds until 8am and she gave one last push. I was allowed to catch Sterling who was much like a slippery fish and flopped him on her belly. It was a wonderful and beautiful thing and Sharon and I are so Happy!! I hope to see you soon when you come and visit our new addition to the family. Enjoy some pics!!





15 comments:

mingala said...

Boo. Yah. Nice looking little guy there. Pizza will have a beautiful brother to play with now. Congrats Rowlands!

Annee and Mike

Anonymous said...

AWWWWW!!! Sharon, you are a beautiful magical baby maker!!! And Danny... you are too! I am so happy for both of you and proud of you too. Good job team Rowland! Ok, I am getting all weepy now! Yay for baby Sterling!

Anonymous said...

Wait! I am not anonymous!!!! I forgot to sign my name!
I love you guys!
Katie

Mary Strachan Scriver said...

So the artichoke opened up -- bloomed -- and there at the center was a fine strong pink ... frog!

Actually, for a newborn he's pretty good-looking and if it were me, well, I'd just keep him.

Seriously, he's a beautiful baby and if you enjoy him as much "out" as you did when he was "in," his life is going to be a real trip. Sterling, 24 carat, every day a pleasure.

Prairie Mary

Anonymous said...

Grandpa Moberly is sooooooo happy. I even cried a lot with tears of joy when I saw him and was able to hold him. One slight error in the birth date. It was actually September 7th but then Daddy Danny can be forgiven.

My class I teach on Wednesdays will be shown Sterling on the overhead.

Sid Moberly

Anonymous said...

That... is a beautiful, little dot!

Mmm-mmm-mmm... the world just got sunnier.

Love,

Uncle Sterling

Anonymous said...

Congrats you two! He is amazing! I am so happy you are sooooo happy. Can't wait to meet him.Much Love,Elisa

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you both! Welcome Sterling! You're birthday (the 7th)is the day before mine, welcome fellow Virgo.
A beautiful baby boy, Yay!!!!
Gulenay
Barb

Anonymous said...

congratulation's you two!! I have been hearing all about the pregnancy from the proud grandparents. You have an absolutely beautiful little boy there. We will be looking forward to seeing him.

Mike and Karen

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Sharon and Danny!
Happy Birthday, Sterling!

-Amy M.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Sharon and Danny. Sterling is a wonderful, gorgeous baby.

Welcome the world, Sterling!

Danielle

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Absolutely beautiful. I love him and can't wait to visit.

Sean

P.S. May I play the role of the deranged uncle reading him Bukowski?

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for the two of you. Sharon I am so glad that you had a good labor and didn't have to use pain meds. I can't wait to meet the handsome little man.

Love
Nicole and Baby Makena

Anonymous said...

Fabulous! Congrats you two. Yet another Heartless Heather fan. Wear it proud Sterling.
Love,
Angela

TRaggedy Ann

Anonymous said...

Congrats you two!!! I was soooo happy to hear that everyone came out ok! Julie told me the exciting news, and I screamed for joy! Yeah! Great job, he is super cute (which we all knew he would be... look at you two hotties!!!!) and looks like one of the happiest babies already!I love you guys and can't wait to come out to visit and hug you all super tight!! Go baby Sterling, welcome to our world!! Love you guys like crazy, From the East Coast, wanting to be on the West!
Amy Moser